Quality Reward: How Quality Website Helps You Earn More On MageNet
NOTE: We’ve updated MageNet Quality Reward Program in June 2018. This text describes how our revised bonus program works starting from July, 2018.
To continue our conversation about factors affecting your income from blogging, we’d like to have a talk about quality.
Can poor quality of the site decrease your earnings? Are there any additional benefits when you maintain a top-quality website? The answer is, yes!
Quality Reward Program
All MageNet publishers have the opportunity to be rewarded for adding quality websites. We’re using an algorithm that calculates a Quality Rank for your websites based on a number of parameters, that we’ll talk about a bit later.
With our updated Quality Reward Program you can earn up to 150% extra commission for contextual ad sales.
The bonus you’ll get each month in addition to your monthly earnings will depend on several parameters: Website Size Score, DA Score, PA Score, IP Score and the competition in your niche.
Here’s a brief description of what influences your extra earnings:
Website Size Score – The more indexed pages your website has – the higher your Website Size Score will be. Here’s how many score points you can get depending on the number of indexed pages:
|Number of indexed pages||Website Size Score|
|Less than 10||-20|
DA Score – Your DA score is calculated for each page separately. You’ll get a higher DA score for websites that have high Moz DA parameters.
|Moz DA||Your DA Score|
|Less than 15||-2|
PA Score – It reflects Moz PA parameters for each of your page. The higher Moz PA is – the higher the score.
|Moz PA||Your PA Score|
|Less than 15||-2|
IP Score – MageNet encourages you not to host multiple websites on a single server with 1 IP address, but the final decision is up to you. Hosting over 5 sites on 1 IP address will give you a negative IP score of (-10). In any other case, your IP Score will be 0.
Category Competition – Depending on the competition in your niche and the number of sales you generate with your site, your category competition score can vary from 0 to 13. If the SB rank of your page is less than 6 – your category score will be counted in the final bonus formula. In case your page is SB6+, your category score will not be counted in the final equation.
How we calculate your bonus
We use a plain formula to calculate your bonus score. The bonus is calculated for each page separately. So if you have earnings for multiple pages and websites – you’ll get a different bonus score for each:
Bonus score = 2*(Website Size Score + DA Score + PA Score + IP Score + Category Competition)/100
If you’ve earned $1000 this month and your bonus score is 0.5, your total monthly income with MageNet will be $1500.
Let’s take a look at an example:
You’ve got a website with 120 indexed pages, DA48, PA35, hosted on a server with no other websites of yours, and the competition in your niche (Industrial Goods) is relatively low. You earn $750/mo from selling contextual ads on MageNet.
Your quality reward scores will be:
Website Size Score – 10
DA Score – 3
PA Score – 2
IP Score – 0
Category Competition – 7
Bonus points: 22
Bonus score: 22/100*2=0.44
Total monthly earnings: $750+$750*0.44=$1080
If the sum of your score parameters (Website Size Score + DA Score + PA Score + IP Score + Category Competition) is less than 10, you will not receive a bonus.
Tip: Our clients are looking for DA50+ links from Brazil, Indonesia, France, Germany, Mexico, Italy and Canada in the following niches: Business Services, Employment & Work, Aerospace & Defence, Automobiles & Motorcycles, Industrial Goods & Services, Management, Health, Medicine, Pharmacy. The competition in these niches is low and your contextual ads will be purchased fast. You’ll also get a higher bonus for adding such websites.
Improving your site’s quality
What to do if your site isn’t yet of a good quality? As we mentioned above, there are some aspects of your site you can influence to rank better within the Quality reward program.
You can start with optimizing your on-page SEO. It’s not about all those tags you have to work with on every page of your site. They are undoubtedly important, but what matters in terms of quality improvement are the signals that your site values its existing and potential readers.
- Keep an eye on the bounce rate and do your best to decrease it by having a user-friendly layout and design, and by creating relevant content.
- Have your contacts presented on the site, this will enhance your credibility in the eyes of Google and our system as well.
- Work on your branding even if you’re a small business of two people. Create a brand name and start using it consistently, be present on social media and have links to your profiles on your About Us page. Haven’t got an About Us page yet? It’s high time to create it!
- Take control of your links. Both inbound and outbound links are a signal of your site’s quality. Or its absence. That’s why don’t include links to sites of poor quality, as they will take you down. What’s equally important, don’t allow low-quality sites place backlinks pointing to you.
- Have a look at your domain. You may already know that a domain that has been registered quite some time ago is a good sign for a website, and “fresh” domain may have a harmful impact on your site’s credibility.
- In addition, it makes a very big difference when you own a paid version of a site. For instance, MageNet’s plugins don’t work on free versions under WordPress or Blogspot. Don’t be cheap, make your website run on a quality domain, as you’ll be able to get your money back soon.
These are the essential factors that you can definitely optimize by yourself and profit not only from ads placement but from quality improvement as well. We value our users and make sure they get a proper reward for all the work they put into their websites.
As always, MageNet is devoted to your success and helps you earn more when monetizing your websites. Check on your website’s Quality Rank here.