In website monetization process the category plays the major role. It has an impact on the number of the offers you get, hence on the amount of your earnings.
Pay attention to the category while adding the new website to your MageNet account. When the client is seeking the ad to buy, he chooses the certain category through our filters. If the website doesn’t match the required category, you won’t get the offer.
To know what categories are in-demand right now among the buyers, view this article.
If you haven’t found the corresponding category for your site, contact us.
Our service is totally free. You can monetize your site via MageNet with no charges. Place contextual ads for free and get money for that.
Please follow the instructions to change the contextual ad placement fee on your website:
To change the price you should do the following:
1. Log into your MageNet account.
2. Go to “Your sites” menu, select the site and click on “Page options” button.
3. Mark the price you want to change. You can change several prices at one go.
4. Click ‘Price Adjust’ button
5. Set up your fee and click ‘Apply’ button.
Now your fee has been changed.
Note: the fee is changed only for upcoming contextual ads. The fee for the current ads will stay the same.
You can set up SMS notifications to know about new ad offers, payments or critical errors in the convenient time.
To setup SMS notifications:
1. Go to Your Account Settings
2. Find the ‘Phone’ line
3. Press ‘Edit’ and provide your mobile-phone number in a format +123456789000.
4. Click ‘Confirm’ button.
5. Enter the verification code which you received via SMS and click ‘Save Changes’
6. Click on the ‘Notifications’ tab and choose notifications which you want to receive via SMS. Then click ‘Save’ button.
Congratulations, now you will get SMS Notifications!
- Fill out this web form.
- Add the sites from which you want to sell contextual ads.
- You will receive an email with your login & password details by email.
- MageNet will start to index your confirmed websites and send you placement offers from our advertisers.
If you can’t find the notification with your email confirmation link in your inbox, please be advised to check up your spam or junk box, since it could get there.
If the notification is not found even after your spam folder check, then you should log into your MageNet account, come into your account “Inbox”, find the window with the text “Please Confirm Your Email” and click the link in this window. Then you should renew the tab with your open email and find the notification.
Once MageNet crawls and list for sales the pages of your websites, it will start to sell contextual ads from them and send you offers. The list of them you can see at “Page options” section at “Your sites” interface of your account. It is not possible to predict when you receive the first ad sale; it can be from 1 day to whatever. Most of our publishers start to get their first sales within a week after registration. If you don’t get any sales, this could be because of one of the following reasons:
- There is no or too little number of pages on your sites.
- There is too little content on your sites.
- There are some availability issues with your site (server errors, domain name issues etc.)
- The category of the site is chosen wrongly.
- Bad looking design.
When you have already added a new website to MageNet.com, it needs to be activated. The website will not be indexed until the site is activated.
To activate your website and use manual mode of ads placement in future, please follow the next steps:
1. Go to ‘Your Sites’ interface and find the website which is required to activate.
2. Press ‘Confirm the site’ button, which you can find at the ‘Status’ column.
3. Press ‘Download confirmation file’ button.
4. Put the downloaded file into the root directory of you site using your file manager (a program which transfers the files to the server) and click ‘Confirm’ button. The placed file has to be only in .txt format. If you do not know how to put file to the root directory, learn this article.
5. After the given file is placed successfully, your website becomes ‘Activated’.
6. The indexation process usually takes 1-2 days. This period varies depending on the number of pages on your website.
7. When you see listed pages at ‘Your Sites’ interface, it means that you already can sell ads from those pages.
You can see more detailed information about certain pages at ‘Page Options’ interface
After you activate the ads sale, the ‘Manual Mode of Ads Placement’ will be activated by default. It means that when somebody purchases the ads on your page, you will get a notification and will be required to install the ads manually by placing the provided HTML code to your page. So as soon as you activate your website, we will index your pages within 48 hours, and MageNet will determine the pages for ads sale (listed pages), then we will start selling ads from your site to our customers, so you can expect tasks to install the ads.
When you have already added a new website to MageNet, it has ‘Manual Mode of Ads Placement’ by default. To change the mode of ads placement to automatic, please follow the next steps:
- Check the box in front of the needed website
- Click the button ‘Change to automatic’ in the footer side of ‘Your Sites’ interface
- You’ll see the information about your ads status after changing the mode of ads installation. Also this step requires you to install WordPress Monetization Plugin or Universal Plugin at your website.
- After the Plugin was installed correctly, your website became Active and you can sell ads from this site.
Note: If you have an automatic mode of ads installation, all your ads will be placed automatically, skipping your tasks.
If our system can’t find the Plugin at least at one of your pages during checking, your website will have Plugin error. In this case click ‘Plugin Error’ button and follow the steps, required to fix the issue.
To transfer your website from automatic mode of ads installation to manual, follow the steps, described below:
- Check the box in front of the needed website
- Click the button ‘Change to manual’ in the footer side of ‘Your Sites’ interface
- Now your website has ‘Manual mode of ads installation’. Your site doesn’t need a confirmation in this case. The indexation process usually takes 1-2 days.
Note: All your ads, which were placed automatically will move to ‘Your Tasks’ interface with ‘Waiting for recovery’ status. You have to place them manually, during 5 days.